Soda Can Solar Space heater
This is a basic “how to” on creating your own soda can space heater. Several videos can be found on the net, but none of them really provide a step by step guide. I put this entire unit together with about 10 total hours of actual labor. If you have a source of cans, lumber, and a old double paned window (preferably), you can assembly one of these yourself.
• 1 window, 46.5 ” L x 23 ” W (recycled/freecycle, double paned)
The selection of the window will dictate the number of cans required for the array.
• For this size window, the number of soda/beer cans required is 72.
• 4 x (1 x 6) boards (not pine or poplar).
• Board Insulation
• Great stuff foam insulation
• 2 x 2.5 inch vents (bottom intake vents)
• 1 x 3 inch…
View original post 110 more words